The Development Associate is a junior staff member responsible for database management and
assisting with fundraising for Travellers Rest. He/she reports to the Director of Development.
• Actively manage the donor database. Update the database to reflect new gifts. Create,
process, and mail acknowledgement letters. Input notes and contact reports as directed
by the Director of Development and Executive Director. Produce reports from the
database that assist C-suite executives in donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Assist Director of Development in scheduling donor visits, meetings, and cultivation
Communications and Public Relations
• Coordinate production of collateral materials for development efforts, including appeal
letters, the annual report, development brochures, invitations for fundraising events, and
messaging for donors.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Assist with and participate in donor activities and events.
• Seek out and engage in professional development opportunities to increase skills and
knowledge of fundraising.
• Participate in staff meetings, prospect strategy meetings, case management, and regular
• Assist with additional needs of the organization as assigned.
• Generally, Monday-Friday 15-20 hours a week; some nights and weekends when
• Potential for working some hours remotely after 90-day probationary period.
Experience & Qualifications
Travellers Rest seeks a fundraiser with experience in a non-profit setting, and preferably at a
• Graduation from an accredited university with a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a
• 1-2 years of experience in advancement.
• Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication, and
outstanding interpersonal relations.
The candidate must have a passion for the mission of Travellers Rest and the Nashville
community to effectively support the programs and services that the historic site provides. The
individual will be highly proactive. Strong organizational skills are required, and exemplary
interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. The successful candidate must be
able to work well in a small team environment but be willing to take initiative. The candidate
must be energetic, positive, intelligent, with a strong sense of team to help grow the
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and a current resume by email to:
Katie O’Bryan, Executive Director
Travellers Rest Historic House Museum, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.